New install 2.0.15 db error

Started by Kerrith, January 26, 2018, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

shawnb61

Yes, you should install SP using the package manager.

That page is a dump of the package manager steps.   It is not your install instructions.    Package manager does this for you.

The SMF blog code you shared looks like code from the SMFblog mod.   It is not from SP or SMF.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Kerrith

QuoteYour SP doesn't have this code?
Yes, my Sub_board.php does have that "// --- Begin modification - SMFBlog ---" script.

Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Communication Skills Coach
Big Island Forum

Kerrith

How do I create a db?

In preparation for new install of phpBB, using cPanel, I created a db named teenforum. When I clicked on the db named comcom_teenforum in phpMyAdmin it contained dozens of files such as comcom_page, comcom_site_stats, etc. When I tried to install the new version of phpBB via /install.php I kept getting "Critical Error! Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data. If you are not sure about what to type in, please contact your host."

I've tried entering different things in /install.php Database Server Settings > Database Name: comcom_teenforum, teenforum, and Table Prefix: comcom_, comcom, comcom_teenforum and I get the same error message.

So deleted the db and tried again only this time the db was empty. How do I fix this?
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Big Island Forum

Kindred

You know that this is support for smf, not phpbb?

Also, a blank database is a good start, if you are doing a clean installation.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

Quote from: Kerrith on January 28, 2018, 04:28:27 PM
QuoteYour SP doesn't have this code?
Yes, my Sub_board.php does have that "// --- Begin modification - SMFBlog ---" script.

That blog code you have in your sources/Sub_board.php has nothing to do with simple portal. As aegersz suggested, it is from the SMF Blog mod- https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=793

It appears that at one time, somebody installed that mod, and when they uninstalled it, it did not completely uninstall and bits of the blog code are still in some of the files. Best bet would be to parse the Blog mod and go through all files where the mod was installed, looking for any remaining code- and then just remove it from the various files

Kerrith

Quote from: Kindred on January 29, 2018, 09:29:37 PM
You know that this is support for smf, not phpbb?
Thanks. It should read new install of SMF.
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Big Island Forum

Kindred

You need the database name, the database username and the database user password...  additionally, you need the specific server location (usually, but not always localhost).  Although, If you are on godaddy, it is not localhost.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kerrith

Thanks Kindred,

That's what I've been entering.

Do you know anyone who might install SMF and SimplePortal for us?

Kerry
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Big Island Forum

Advertisement: