News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Display Custom Profile Fields in Results of Member List Search

Started by pepa, January 27, 2018, 06:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepa

I have posted a Mod request for a more complex version of this ... in the interim.

When you create a custom profile field and check "searchable" a button appears in the member list search box for that field(s).  However the search output does not display the contents of that field instead it displays the usual 'standard output'.

I would like to be able to display, as well as the standard output, the contents of the profile field in the search results.  Anyone know how to do this?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pepa

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 27, 2018, 08:36:10 AM
Perhaps this topic could help a bit, Custom profile fields in Who is online and Memberlist

Went through that thread, it's an old mod, couldn't get it to install on 2.0.15 and unfortunately my coding days are so many years ago that the code in the mod isn't a lot of help to me.  I posted there if anyone has had any success to please enlighten us.  There does seem to be a lot of interest over time in the profile fields and many people wanting them to be displayed in search results, so surprising there hasn't been another mod developed ... might have to PM the author of this one if no-one is interested in helping with this.

Advertisement: