News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Upgrade dilemma

Started by Starbuck501, January 27, 2018, 05:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

OK, you got me curious enough - I'll probably have to test that out. I do have multiple PHP versions available on my VPS. :P
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Starbuck501

Just to say that the first part of the upgrade to 2.0.1 went like a charm.
No problems at all.
Will give the test site a few days and if everything is ok, I'll bring the test site up to 2.0.15

If that's ok, I'll then fetch the main site up to date.
Many thanks for all the advice guys.

www.smokey-services.eu/newtestaa

Sir Osis of Liver

Should be no problem upgrading 2.0.1 -> 2.0.15, just have to upgrade php version first (I run everything in 5.6).  Forum is running normally, there are no additional db changes.  Make sure you get current versions when you reinstall mods.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

And preferably update the forum first, and only after that start installing mods. Will be a lot less messy than the other way around :)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Starbuck501

Just to report.... Main forum now running 2.0.15
Can't believe how easy that was.

Sir Osis..... you're instructions were spot on  :)
Thank you.

Now to look at installing the mods.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Sounds good. :) Are we ready to mark this solved then?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Starbuck501

QuoteAre we ready to mark this solved then?
Yes, by all means  :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: