Forum resizes some text, and leaves random bbcode in places.

Started by landyvlad, January 27, 2018, 05:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

As per attached I just C&P a URL from elsewhere and when I post it, it makes the text TINY.  See attached image
(It's not only URLs but any text, and not always just a lot of the time)

When I go in to edit the post to fix it, I highlight that section and notice that the font size box is blank.
If I change that to a font size (say 10) and save, all is well again.

This happens even if I paste as plain text.

Nobody else has reported this as a problem so it MAY just be me as an admin?

At other times when I edit out formatting, and save it SOME of the bbcode tags remain visible in the posted message and even if I try to delete them, they remain there after I save it !  (sorry no image of that one)

I'm as confused as all get out. ??? I can't isolate when this problem began, in regards to what I've been doing lately (upgrade all my mods, upgraded from 2.0,.13 to 14 to 15 etc). 

In short, help !  PLEASE  :)   
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

landyvlad

Sorry - yeah.
Here's another test I just did
http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

You can see that it has both changed some of the text size and spattered some  bbcode in there too.

In order it is
text 1 pasted normally
text 1 pasted as plain text
url pasted normally
url pasted as plain text.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Illori

are you using the WYSIWYG editor? if so disable it and try again.

landyvlad

Quote from: Illori on January 28, 2018, 07:09:09 AM
are you using the WYSIWYG editor? if so disable it and try again.

OK.

That now works fine (thanks Illori)
http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=2275.msg26864#msg26864

Before I mark this thread as solved -

Is there a fix for this?  I'd certainly prefer to fix it if possible.

Illori

we recommend no one use the WYSIWYG editor due to the bugs.

Steve

In addition to what Illori just said, there is a replacement editor but it has issues as well.
DO NOT pm me for support!

landyvlad

Advertisement: