News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

One more problem since SSL - image proxy

Started by stompbox, May 03, 2018, 12:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stompbox

I cannot get the image proxy to work properly.
If I turn it on, the links to images are blank. The images are not too big for the image proxy. I can't figure out why it is not working. How do I debug this one?

Right now I have it turned off, but off course it makes the padlock go away if it has mixed content.
Thanks for any help.

shawnb61

Are all proxied images affected?

Would it be possible to provide a link to one of the images?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

stompbox

Yes, do you want me to enable the proxy first, or leave it off?

Here is the link to the thread - it's the first post. The image is working now, but if I enable the proxy, it's a blank image.
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=120107.0

Shambles

Quote from: stompbox
Here is the link to the thread - it's the first post.

The "image" in the post you quoted isn't actually the URL of an image asset. It's the URL to a data provider, in this case a php function, which seems to be reading the actual image file and relaying the contents to your forum.

I'm guessing the SMF proxy isn't geared up to receiving this method of data delivery, hence the blanks when it's turned on.

Kindred

yeah...  the image proxy (while there are some issues) only deals with images...   I don't believe that it will deal with scripts that eventually call an image
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stompbox

So there's no answer to this right? If I want to have the image displayed I need to leave the proxy unchecked. It makes sense. The padlock will have to go on and off as content changes.

Shambles

Or you could take a copy of the served images and rehost them?

shawnb61

Quote from: stompbox on May 03, 2018, 02:06:05 PM
So there's no answer to this right? If I want to have the image displayed I need to leave the proxy unchecked. It makes sense. The padlock will have to go on and off as content changes.

I believe there is a possible tiny tweak to the code that will help you.   I'll test & get back to you. 

BTW:  Great site.  Frequently referenced over on my site (I'm shawnb over on https://vguitarforums.com). 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

stompbox

lurkalot

Quote from: stompbox on May 03, 2018, 04:12:32 PM
Wow awesome!!!!

I also have a link to your site on my Guitarist Guild links page.  ;)  By the way I did join your site, but not getting a activation email.  Think I sent you a PM here regarding this, about a week ago.

stompbox

What is the username? I can activate it manually.

Advertisement: