Thread shows as white screen to logged in users but works fine for guests

Started by crashfirephoenix, May 01, 2018, 06:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

I think the discussion has pretty well covered all the bases so there's really no point in continuing it.

@ crashfirephoenix - do not expect any support from SMF team members until all copyrights are restored and remain in place.
DO NOT pm me for support!

GigaWatt

In any case, IMO I think you should revise it to the way the 1.x.x versions were (or something similar) for the 3.x.x versions of SMF. I get it, what's done is done, move on, but... if you ask me, the current license model is, well... very very lenient... putting it mildly.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

And the more Open source out there, and the more lenient the licenses, the better for the whole Open source community on the long run.
That is what it is about, you are free to borrow our code, in return we can do the same to your code.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

GigaWatt

I completely agree with this and this would be great... but only in a world where people honor the original author/authors of the code... unfortunately, that's not a world we live in :S. The OP's forum is a perfect example of that.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Sir Osis of Liver

I think it should be noted that OP never returned to this topic.  Hopefully he solved his problem, and was not offended by the following discussion.  In the interests of providing the best support for a very diverse user base, it should be kept in mind what I posted earlier, that many users are unaware that removing copyright is in any way a problem.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I don't honestly think that many users are that unaware, what we do here is exactly what many other Open Source projects do as well. And some are way more strict about it than we are. Anyway, as has been noted, this discussion has run it's course.

If the OP needs assistance, they can post back informing us of the copyright being restored - until then, if someone wants to continue the discussion around copyright statements, please let's do that in another topic. Thank you :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: