News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Add pictures next to the board

Started by bharat, January 29, 2018, 05:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenwyfar

No, "display: inline-block;" doesn't need to be removed. It won't show anything if you do.

The size you defined is smaller than the image, so it gets cut. Easiest fix is change it to:

#board_82 > .icon:after {
   content: "";
   height: 24px;
   width: 25px;
   display: inline-block;
   margin-right: 5px;
   background: url(http://www.forum.bharatconnect.net/Themes/default/images/li4.png) no-repeat center center / auto 100%;
}
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

bharat

I tried to make image smaller but then I put the same size but still I see it like this. Also is there a way to make this image next to the main one, not under it.

Kindred

You need to learn CSS....   that's what it really comes down to...    CSS is tweaking little things here and there.

To make it show next to the other image, you need more space in the icon column...  to make more space in the icon column, you have to increase that column width, possibly that cell width...  and also, possibly, decrease the other columns.

Using one of the developer tools in the browsers, (firefox, chrome and IE all have dev tools now) you can SEE the effecting CSS and even see what happens when you change various CSS settings.  But we can't just hand you a code and say "this will do what you ask" without tweaking your site, specifically....   and, unless you want to pay someone to do that, it's unlikely that any of us have the time to sit and do the tiny little tweaks that it will take, a little bit at a time
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bharat

Thanks for your suggestion, I would like to learn CSS but it can't be done in one day that's why I asked you for help.

Gwenwyfar

The more complicated part of the css has already been given to you (and more that should have been very easy to do with very basic css knowledge).

If you really want to learn then you should start playing with the inspector tool and read on some css basics. Anything you do in the inspector(dev tools) only affects the page for you, so there is no need to worry it will break things for others.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bharat

Thanks for the link, will check it out!

Advertisement: