News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Site slow?

Started by aegersz, January 29, 2018, 06:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

intermittent - some page loads are very slow (near 10 seconds) - like "Show new replies to your posts" and opening this board.

not network related. thoughts ?

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

topic split, please dont bump topics that are 3 years old.

aegersz

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

logging out and back in did the trick.

solved, pending recurrence.

Steve

Been having the same problem since yesterday. Will try your trick but I'm not sure why that would fix it.
DO NOT pm me for support!

aegersz

it didn't, sorry.

weird.

it worked well until i left it for a while.

i'm glad it is not me. I wonder why it would slow down so much ? i got a 13+ second page load delay before and that is so unusual for this site.

Sir Osis of Liver

Forum has been lagging for a couple of days, not too bad right now, but it's slow.

Just got a 13.4 sec page load. :P
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

aegersz

seems to be fine now. SOLVED unless i see myself or others experiencing it again.

d3vcho

Yesterday, Server Team performed a server maintenance. The site was down for a while and everything should run smoothly now.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

aegersz

that would explain the down time.

well done guys, it's running like a bought one  8)

thanks.

Ben_S

Seemed to be down for a good few hours yesterday?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

aegersz

hey, ****** happens.

this place privides TOP QUALITY, WORD'S BEST support and software for FREE - they can be down all year and i will still love them and dare not question.

you are advised to do the same.

d3vcho

Yep, we were down from ~11AM CET until ~3PM CET when we restored the DNS services. We're sorry about that.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

aegersz

having said all that, i used "dig" and tried your IP address, all to no avail.

what is your public IP for next time, please ?

SleePy

Quote from: Ben_S on February 07, 2018, 05:22:16 AM
Seemed to be down for a good few hours yesterday?

Had some hardware issues, but we just fsck our way though them and things are running for now.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

aegersz

play with the software long enough and you end up with everything working.

play with the hardware long enough ... well you get my point !

i'm sure you have some of the best minds on the job.

Ben_S

Quote from: aegersz on February 07, 2018, 05:26:39 AM
hey, ****** happens.

this place privides TOP QUALITY, WORD'S BEST support and software for FREE - they can be down all year and i will still love them and dare not question.

you are advised to do the same.

Thanks for the tip, obviously not having been around here very long, I don't understand ::)
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Advertisement: