News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Need to Be RESPONSIVE!!!

Started by RamailoForum.com, January 31, 2018, 10:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamailoForum.com

I am pretty sure that lots of other users must have requested or have been requesting to add this feature to SMF.
But we can't still see any developments regarding this feature in SMF while majority of popular websites and platforms have already addressed this issue.  I have also recently updated a site I'm managing ramailoforum. com to the latest version 2.0.15 wishing it were responsive and I really like the default theme but was turned down again :(. I have been trying various themes from theme site but none of them are flawless or provide exactly what we need for a responsive mobile friendly website.

I hope the SMF Development Team would seriously address this issue in upcoming major release 2.2

Eagerly waiting for it.

Illori

SMF 2.1 is already responsive by default. there are several responsive themes for SMF 2.0 as well as our own mod.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=535720.0

RamailoForum.com

Well I have tried 2.0.14 and 2.0.15 .. but they they don't really seem responsive. I am not sure if I have to change some configurations.

Also, if anyone have tried testing the smf based websites in responsiveness testing website like quirktools (screenfly) including this forum and my own forum - it just appears blank. While, all other websites I have tested are shown in the testing tool at least - whether responsive or not.

Could you or anyone form the SMF Developer team could please explain why this is happening? Might be some changes needs to be made in the core.

Regards.

Illori

did you read the link provided above?

Kindred

also, SMF will not run in an iframe....   that is why such testing sites will fail when attempting to load the forum.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RamailoForum.com

Ok thanks for your replies. And, yes I went through the link and have tried the theme and mods earlier- I couldn't really be satisfied with the results as many other users , that's why I posted my query in the first place anticipating the platform to be responsive and feature rich at it's core.

Having said that SMF has been a really wonderful platform so far and has been improving through it's versions - free of cost. And. I guess there are hundreds of volunteers contributing to SMF Community to improve it and we can understand it's a difficult process.

Lot of us do not have enough knowledge to play with the codes or understand the terminologies. But since we like the SMF so much so we just hope it to be better and not get shadowed amongst its competitors.

Hope I am not wrong to expect SMF to become better.

Regards.

Antes

Its very understandable because core template of the SMF 2.0 is really old and can't really do much without big changes which we did in SMF 2.1. BUT with responsive curve mod your users at least use your site properly on mobile devices. As always if you are having issues related to navigation or usage of core features you should report the issue(s) under the mod topic.

Kindred

or use a responsive theme other than the default/responsive curve

for example, I use one called Studio-003 for fx-sabers.com/forum.  Mind you, I have tweaked the original theme to do some other fun stuff... but there are several themes to choose from for 2.0.x that have some level of responsiveness.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: