News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Question about forum subject

Started by TheBrothersArm, February 01, 2018, 02:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is San andreas still playing by people ?

Yes
1 (20%)
Yes, but only SA:MP
1 (20%)
I don't know
0 (0%)
Nope
2 (40%)
Yes and No, it's an old game
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

TheBrothersArm

Hi there. My forum is about gta san andreas. But still inactive after all hardwork. I have one question. Is gta san andreas still playing by much people ? Should i keep my forum about gta san andreas or change it ?

d3vcho

Only thing related to San Andreas that is still active nowadays (AFAIK) is SA:MP.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Gwenwyfar

Maybe you could change it to be about GTA in general, or you're just not reaching out to the possible public.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Gwenwyfar on February 01, 2018, 03:12:02 PM
Maybe you could change it to be about GTA in general, or you're just not reaching out to the possible public.
Can you suggest me, to reach more people, should i change my forum to another subject ? If yes, please suggest me something

Gwenwyfar

Maybe you should read on some topics around this board. No matter what topic you choose you first need to attract members to participate in it.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Steve

Quote from: Thug Cat on February 01, 2018, 03:18:12 PM
Quote from: Gwenwyfar on February 01, 2018, 03:12:02 PM
Can you suggest me, to reach more people, should i change my forum to another subject ? If yes, please suggest me something

She already did T.C. ... broadening your subject to all of GTA would vastly improve your membership I think ...

If you want to get out of the GTA subject arena, then do as she last suggested:

Quote from: Gwenwyfar on February 01, 2018, 04:35:58 PM
Maybe you should read on some topics around this board. No matter what topic you choose you first need to attract members to participate in it.

:)
DO NOT pm me for support!

SaltedWeb

Point to note just about any forum has to be able to grow with the topic they choose, unless that topic has huge staying power.

Case in Point.  A forum to talks about Super Bowl in 2018 will end its use end of the year. However a group discussion Super Bowls Past and present
could go on inventively. ( providing copyrights are Ok with the topic chosen )
People like fresh and new, say a fishing forum would go on for ever because in that industry things change monthly.  Which leads me to the next
you have to be current on your info.  You have to be the GTA guy thats got the info.  Just watch TV by midnight news at 2pm is old news.
SW
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

landyvlad

Based on another of your topics I just answered it looks as if you are trying to build a forum for the purpose of making money.

If indeed that is your aim, then you are wasting your time. There are MUCH easier ways to earn money than trying to extract money from forum users....

Aside from that - nobody here can tell you what your forum should be about. Forums are usually born from passion. I run a motorcycle forum because I'm passionate about a particular bike.

Forum members have donated some money to keep the forum ticking along (covering expenses) but there's certainly no profit in it and that is not my intention anyway.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: