News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Database error with new member registration

Started by razors edge, February 01, 2018, 05:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

razors edge

A bit of info before going into issue.

SMF 2.0.15
PHP version: 5.6.30
Server version: 5.6.37 - MySQL
Database client version: libmysql - 5.1.73

Some mods, All from smfpacks.com

Issue I am having is when a new member registers for an account on the site I receive the following database error.

Database Error: Field 'about_me' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/midwestc/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Members.php
Line: 776

Here is lines 770 - 777 of Subs-Members.php

// Register them into the database.
$smcFunc['db_insert']('',
'{db_prefix}members',
$column_names,
$values,
array('id_member')
);
$memberID = $smcFunc['db_insert_id']('{db_prefix}members', 'id_member');

Line 776 is );

Would appreciate any guidance in repairing this error and I thank you in advance.

Kindred

That would appear to be a mod related error.

It is also related to the MySQL version

You can either talk to the mod author about how to set a default value for that column or get your host to upgrade MySQL to a version in which they fixed this problem
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

razors edge

Thank you for the quick reply. I will contact the mod author. I would be hard pressed to believe it is the MySql version as at one point everything was working on this server. But I do know when to listen to the experts and that is not me. Once again thank you. I will contact my host as well about upgrading the database.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

There were versions of MySQL that caused that to happen, and as I understand it was fixed in later versions again. You might just had bad luck with the version running on your hosting account currently as a result of an update from your host.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: