load.php

Started by PenelopeQ, February 02, 2018, 07:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PenelopeQ

I incrementally upgraded on 31 December fro 2.0.12. A few days or so later I was trying to resolve some issue and the forum went down. MY systems admin checked my cpanel.
QuoteDo you know who or why the file Load.php was edited yesterday?  I had to replace it with one with that happened to be sitting there from Dec 31 from an older version of the board

The one that is running there now is from 2.0.12, while you are currently running version 2.0.14

Might want to see if we can get a copy of Load.php from 2.0.14, that has not been edited or anything.. not sure if having this version of the file in place messes anything up
He got it back up and maybe there is not problem now. I just wanted to know if load.php has changed from 2.0.12 to 2.0.14 and if so, where can I grab and upload a new copy?

Thanks

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

If I remember correctly, somewhere in a sub-tab of the download section here is an archive of previous versions, your search function should get you some idea of where the list is...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

br360

SMF updates the timestamp of Load.php every time the cache is flushed so that is why load.php shows as being edited- it may have had nothing to do with why your forum was having issues or why it went down

Sir Osis of Liver

To answer your question, there were no edits to Load.php in 2.0.13 patch, but quite a few in 2.0.14.  You can get a clean copy in 2.0.14 large upgrade package, but any mods that edited the file will break.  You should up to 2.0.15.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

PenelopeQ

Oops, he was mistaken...I upgraded all the way to 2.0.15.

Will any mods that edited the file still break and what should I do before uploading the file?

Here are my mods in case you are aware of any that may have edited the file.

1.   Alternative Menu With Top Menu Icon & Button Remover   1.4.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.   Bad Behavior mod   1.5.17     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.   Board Notification Mod   1.2.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.   Default_Membergroup   1.0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.   Gender on Memberlist   1.5   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.   Global Headers Footers   2.0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.   Last Active On MemberList   1.4     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.   Move Old Topics   1.3.8     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.   Personal Messages to Membergroups   1.4.3     [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.   Register At Post View v.1.1   1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.   SMFPacks WYSIWYG Editor   2.0.7   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.   SMFPacks Personal Conversations   1.0.3   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.   SMFPacks Popup Pro Mod   1.0.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.   Search Sent PMs   1.4     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.   SMFPacks Shoutbox Pro   1.0.9     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.   Stop Spammer   2.3.9     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.   TopicStarter Mod   1.7     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.   Topic & Board Note   1.0.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19.   Ad Managment   3.1a     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20.   Anti-Spam Links   1.0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
21.   Join Reason   1.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
22.   Advanced Topic Prefix Mod   4.0.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
23.   SMF 2.0.12 Update   1.0     [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
24.   SMF 2.0.13 Update   1.0     [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
25.   SMF 2.0.14 Update   1.0     [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
26.   SMF 2.0.15 Update   1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
27.   SMF 2.0.15 Update   1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Hmmm, that is weird. I show smf 2.0.15 twice. Can I remove one--but how since I don't want to uninstall it? Actually, can all those patches be removed to clean things up and if so do I need to uninstall or just delete to do that?

Sir Osis of Liver

If you click uninstall for each mod, it will display the files that were edited, you can look for Load.php.  If you delete a mod, it doesn't uninstall, but you will not be able to uninstall it if you need to at a later date.  Don't know why 2.0.15 is listed twice, but if everything's working, wouldn't worry about it.  If a package is installed twice, you can end up with duplicate code that can cause problems.  You can revert to 2.0.14 using backup in /Packages/backups/, then install .15 patch again.

- R. Waters

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 03, 2018, 10:30:22 PM
If you click uninstall for each mod, it will display the files that were edited, you can look for Load.php.  If you delete a mod, it doesn't uninstall, but you will not be able to uninstall it if you need to at a later date.  Don't know why 2.0.15 is listed twice, but if everything's working, wouldn't worry about it.  If a package is installed twice, you can end up with duplicate code that can cause problems.  You can revert to 2.0.14 using backup in /Packages/backups/, then install .15 patch again.

Great information, but there is also the possibility that many of the mods are only showing errors because a different mod has made a change to the file in question in the same location, thus is if you proceed with the uninstall those  particular edit(s) will not occur and you must do the edits manually, this particular is relatively easy to correct properly without redoing a major install or update patch... easy IF you are familiar with using FTP to manage the source files on your host's server, & editing the files with a simple text editor, I use Notepad++... the package manager allows you to view the snippets of code and tells you where they are located
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Sir Osis of Liver

That wasn't the question, OP just wants to know if any of the mods edited Load.php.  Checking uninstall displays modded files.

- R. Waters

PenelopeQ

I found 8 mods that listed load.php as being edited.
What steps should I take and in what order?

Should I uninstall them and then revert to 2.0.14 and back up to 2.0.15
Or should I just revert to 2.0.14 and back up... without doing anything to the mods?

Some of the mods listed errors when I clicked uninstall. What do I do about those--fix the errors and then uninstall or are those something to fix on reinstallation?

Hmm, since my load.php is from 2.0.12 will reverting to 2.0.14 give me the newer version of load.php or do I need to do more to get that?

Sir Osis of Liver

Save yourself a lot of grief and do a clean 2.0.15 install.  Upload the 2.0.15 large upgrade package, then reinstall only mods you really need.  It'll be less work in the long run.

- R. Waters

PenelopeQ

So not the patch?

But I will need to uninstall the 2.0.15 I have now?

And uninstall the mods (all?) before uninstalling and doing the clean install?

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: PenelopeQ on February 06, 2018, 03:33:18 PM
So not the patch?

But I will need to uninstall the 2.0.15 I have now?

And uninstall the mods (all?) before uninstalling and doing the clean install?

No, no, and no.  Uploading the 2.0.15 upgrade package will overwrite all your current files (not your theme), you'll have a clean install.

- R. Waters

PenelopeQ

Quote1b. Back-up your custom themes and graphics. Make careful notes about any hand-made customizations you have made to files.
4. Extract the archive to the forum's directory, making sure that you delete upgrade.php and all the upgrade-x.x.sql files, and overwrite index.php, the sources folder, and the themes folder. You can either use FTP or cPanel's File Manager. On your forum, if you have replaced the standard smiley files with your own and/or replaced the standard avatar files, you might want to refrain from uploading both the smileys and the avatars directory. Important Note: If you carried out the optional step, you should also upload the sources from the large upgrade archive before you reinstall any custom themes.
1b
I took notes about my site logo and slogan that is set in my theme. I am not sure of anything else. I am using the curve multicolor theme, but have not made changes (that I recall or know of).

So when I upload the zip file (in cpanel), then I extract it?
Does the zip have the upgrade files that I then must delete? I looked and they are not there now--and I know they are not supposed to be. Does that mean that this method does not involve using forum.com/upgrade.php?
Topic icons are part of the smileys and I have custom topic icons, so I need to either delete the file in the 2.0.15 zip or re-upload what I have now if I do not delete it?

So once I have a clean upgrade, I will need to reinstall (or just reselect?) my theme and reinstall my mods?

Sir Osis of Liver

Site logo url, slogan, and theme settings are in the database, they are retained during upgrade.  Download the 2.0.15 large upgrade package, unzip, upload to forum root.  When you unzip it, you'll see the forum directories and files, upgrade scripts are in the root.  Your custom theme will still be there after upgrade, the package doesn't delete any files, it overwrites all files that are in the package.

- Make sure you have good backups of your database and forum files.
- Make sure your server is running php 5.4 or higher.

If you're not sure about doing this yourself, pm forum link, admin and ftp access (server/username/password), and I'll do the upgrade.

- R. Waters

PenelopeQ

I think I can do it and really want to be able to myself--thanks though and I will take you up on the offer if I get too nervous or have trouble.

I do want to clarify one thing though... I upload the zipped package and THEN extract? Below it sounds like I am to extract and then upgrade, but that doesn't seem right--uploading multiple unzipped files instead of a single zip.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

On some hosts you might perhaps be able to use a zip through the hosting control panel,
but actually uploading the already unzipped files and overwriting current files on the server is the way to go really.

Just use FTP to upload the whole contents of the zip, over the existing files making sure to overwrite existing files with same names

Quote from: Illori on February 06, 2018, 03:35:07 PM
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

PenelopeQ

I did it--just uploaded all the files using cpanel. Here are the results.

Packages
0%
An unknown error occurred.
Smileys
0%
Sources
0%
Themes
0%

agreement.txt
100%

3.78 KB / 3.78 KB (100%) complete
index.php
100% 
14.78 KB / 14.78 KB (100%) complete
license.txt
100% 
1.95 KB / 1.95 KB (100%) complete
news_readme.html
100% 
3.01 KB / 3.01 KB (100%) complete
proxy.php
100% 
5.44 KB / 5.44 KB (100%) complete
readme.html
100% 
18.85 KB / 18.85 KB (100%) complete
SSI.php
100%
ssi_examples.php
100% 

28.41 KB / 28.41 KB (100%) complete
ssi_examples.shtml
100% 
6.43 KB / 6.43 KB (100%) complete
subscriptions.php
100% 
8.93 KB / 8.93 KB (100%) complete
upgrade.php
100%
upgrade_1-0.sql
100% 

62.69 KB / 62.69 KB (100%) complete
upgrade_1-1.sql
100%
upgrade_2-0_mysql.sql
100%
upgrade_2-0_postgresql.sql
100%

44.49 KB / 44.49 KB (100%) complete
upgrade_2-0_sqlite.sql
100% 
29.77 KB / 29.77 KB (100%) complete
attachments
0%
0%
cache
0%

I went to remove the upgrade.php and other upgrade files and they are not there? Huh? Are the removed automatically?

My forum seems fine--well so far. But I just looked at it seconds after uploading and have not tried to do anything.

Sir Osis of Liver

Looks like a lot of the directories/files didn't upload.  Forum looks ok probably because you now have a mix of 2.0.x files, basic functionality hasn't been badly damaged.  Cpanel filemanager should be able to upload all the files without error.  Can you try doing it via ftp?

Link to your forum?  Who is your host?

- R. Waters

Advertisement: