News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Odd Administrator Permissions value

Started by aegersz, February 04, 2018, 08:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

i'm not sure how to best track down why this is happening so any help would be appreciated:

Name               Member    Permissions Modify
Administrator (?) 5       1

Note the "1" instead of "(all)"
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Do you have any idea when that appeared? What might have changed around then?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

aegersz

i wish i knew but it's not impacting anything.

i assume a permission got in there - the one i thought, i removed but no luck.

just a mystery right now

I know that i should check the database but don't know where the permissions are stored - i guess i should put in the effort and review the source and look into the DB but if i can take a shortcut, then all the better.

If it's too time consuming then i will work it out myself - which mod stuck something where it shouldn't have ?!

so all good if you guys are too busy.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

have you recently installed a mod? i wonder if one or more mods set permissions incorrectly and caused this.

aegersz

not really but i'm always messing around with mods.

it may even be a remnant of an earlier version of one also.

what tables hold the permissions in the DB ? can you divulge that ? i will poke around tonight anyway.

i love an innocuous mystery  ::)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

smf_permissions hold the membergroup specific permissions.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

aegersz

now i feel silly ! sorry to waste your time there.

but lots of thanks ! will let you know what i find.

aegersz

aha ! it's from the "OS & Browser Detection" mod that i uninstalled but probably didn't delete the DB data.

problem solved.

thanks for your help, i was, as usual, looking for a complexity that wasn't there

Advertisement: