News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hide info center from all including admin

Started by SaltedWeb, February 05, 2018, 12:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Wondering is there a way to Hide info center from all including admin ?
I am creating a site where the membership wont be as large so having all those stats are not needed.
Would this work  in BoardIndex.template.php and remove it ?

// Show some statistics if stat info is off.
/* if (!$settings['show_stats_index'])
echo '
<div id="index_common_stats">
', $txt['members'], ': ', $context['common_stats']['total_members'], ' &nbsp;•&nbsp; ', $txt['posts_made'], ': ', $context['common_stats']['total_posts'], ' &nbsp;•&nbsp; ', $txt['topics'], ': ', $context['common_stats']['total_topics'], '
', ($settings['show_latest_member'] ? ' ' . $txt['welcome_member'] . ' <strong>' . $context['common_stats']['latest_member']['link'] . '</strong>' . $txt['newest_member'] : '') , '
</div>';
*/

Thank You
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You should be able to strip most of that functionality from SMF simply through settings.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Steve

As Lex said, if you go to each theme's settings you can turn these off:

Show statistics on board index:
Show latest member on board index:
Show group key on board index:
Show who is viewing the board index and posts:
DO NOT pm me for support!

SaltedWeb

It seems I can shut them off of that I was aware, but it still shows up as admin. I'll poke around some more see if there is something
I missed. I normally don't mess with the stats but being the one site I have doesn't need them .
But I'll check again.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SaltedWeb

Yep poked around didnt see anything that would shut it off so admin didn't see it. I have the show stats disables but still shows them for admin.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you want to remove info center completely -

BoardIndex.template.php

// template_info_center();
}

function template_info_center()

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

SaltedWeb

Thanks Osis, I realize I am asking something not common as most want some stats for admin atleast
I am using SMF for a different for photography use and therefore the stats serve no purpose

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement: