Upgraded from 1.0.11 to 2.0.15 and can't access some admin functions

Started by albany, February 05, 2018, 02:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albany

Hi Guys...,

I don't have much to do with the forum I' have a problem with, the admins just run it; I'm the hosting provider.

I've upgraded the forum for them from 1.0.11 to 2.0.15 - I'm not that familiar with SMF

Most things seem to be working, but when I try to access some of the admin functions I get:-

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /smf/index.php on this server.

The URL i'm getting is...

**link to website**/smf/index.php?action=admin;area=securitysettings;*******=**************

I have removed the information where the *'s are in case they represent something that shouldn't be posted to a forum :)

Any help would be appreciated... I've been searching your forum for the past 2 hours with no joy.

TIA

Steve

Illori

albany

Thanks Illori

I've spoken with the data centre and they say mod_security shouldn't be causing the problem :(

Any further Ideas I can try?

Thanks again.

Regards

Steve

Illori

then they dont know what they are talking about. get it disabled or find a new host.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: