How to prevent certain users from taking a paid subscription?

Started by mnn2, February 06, 2018, 09:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnn2

How to prevent certain users from taking a paid subscription?

Please help.

Thankyou.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'm actually unsure right now if that can even be easily done, would have to look into it, but what do you need this for? I am curious.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

mnn2

To prevent those banned users taking subscriptions and then causing trouble at PayPal.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Paypal in itself will not allow you to block specific buyers, and blocking them from the subscriptions in SMF wouldn't necessarily stop them from sending you money.
That being said, I think blocking the visible functionality from a certain membergroup should be fairly easily achieved with little code changes, where as actually disabling the functionality completely would require a lot more. It was not designed with this aspect in mind AFAIK.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

mnn2

I just hope the next 2.0.x minor update SMF will provide a way to hide the link base on membergroup.  :)

Illori

Quote from: mnn2 on February 07, 2018, 04:56:12 AM
I just hope the next 2.0.x minor update SMF will provide a way to hide the link base on membergroup.  :)

we dont add features to SMF 2.0 as it is feature locked.

if a user is banned from your forum and cannot log in, they cannot even view their profile to attempt to join the group.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You could perhaps make a mod request for the functionality though :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: