Looking for a mod to use different photos for each board

Started by gaswigg, February 06, 2018, 10:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaswigg

Hi im looking for a mod or something to beable to use a different icon or photo for each board. What im looking for is what is being used on the WWW.celticwomanforum.com like the photo below also. I can't find out what mod they are using as the Admin/owner is MIA for over a year I hope someone can help me with this

Thanks
Glen

gaswigg

Thanks but neither one will work im Running SMF 2.0.15 the board Icon one installed but I can't get it to work The one on Celtic Woman Forum was called something 12 or 16 any more help would be great

Thanks
Glen

br360

Both should work just fine with 2.0.15. What issues are you having?

Take a look at this link on how to get mods installed via emulations-

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_I_install_a_mod_that_doesn%27t_work_in_my_SMF_version

gaswigg

the one will not install at all even using it for 2.0.9 I hit install and get that all the tests fail I was going to post a picture but it won't let me post one and the other one called board icons it installed fine but the direction that are with it are so poor I have tried many places and labels on the photos and even where to put them so I can't get anything to show up I have even tried to use the URL and import the icons and that won't work either. I guess im just lost im not a programmer I know just enough to get into trouble but I can't read between the lines and say oh ya that is how and where to put the new icons. I also have to say im also using Sunset 2.0 Theme

br360

Can you temporarily change your theme from Sunset to the SMF default to see if the mod is working properly in that one?

gaswigg

I have tried that and all I get is a x where the photo belongs and the other mod still won't install. One that is installed called board icons im still lost as to where and how to label the photos so they will work and to show you what I mean on the other one that won't install see the photo. Thanks for tring to help me with this

Thanks
Glen

gaswigg

Quote from: pepa on February 08, 2018, 08:07:25 AM
Try this one.
Thanks but that one wont work for what im trying to do Look at the photo on the first post I want a mod to change the on off icons for each board.

Thanks
Glen

br360

The one that won't install (the cbi) would require manually editing the code into the Sunset theme's boardindex.template.php and messageindex.template.php. Here is some more info on how to do that- https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

gaswigg

Thanks I guess I could try that all I could do is screw it up and have to start over as im not a person that knows coding. I know that there has to be other mods out there since the Celtic woman forum is using one but they are also using 1.1.21 SMF if I could find a diff one and had to use a old vers I would. I will give it a try later after I install a PHP editor on this computer

Thanks
Glen

br360

Another option is this mod- http://www.smfpersonal.net/ModsSmfp.html;sa=topic;id=3302

I've personally used that one before and know it will do exactly what you want. The only issue is that it's a paid mod (maybe like 3 or 4 dollars)

If you do purchase that one, make sure you uninstall the one you've already installed first to avoid conflicts between them

gaswigg

Thanks for sharing that one but for some reason it won't work either I get a error

There was a problem loading the /Themes/default/AdkPif.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.

syntax error, unexpected 'function' (T_FUNCTION)

It seems like no matter what I try nothing works That mod was free and was made 7 years ago so how can it still work with SMF 2.0.15 to me there are a lot of updates since it was made and I did try to set the installer back to ver 2.0 and still get the error

br360

I've had that mod work with 2.0.15 so the age really shouldn't have much to do with it. Most mods that worked on 2.0 should in theory also work with 2.0.15 as there have been no database changes; and any updates that changed code in any of the source or templates, should not really have any serious issues with the mod either.

If you want me to take a look to see if I can get any of the mods up and working properly on your forum, send me a PM and I will see what I can do.

Advertisement: