News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

some Registration Settings questions

Started by aegersz, February 08, 2018, 02:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Hi, your help wanted again, please.

1. I had to close my site up - is there a way to receive notifications of any pending registrations that are waiting for admin approval ?

EDIT: sorry actually -- i found the option Admin > Members > Registrations > "Notify administrators when a new member joins" i thought that was only sent after they were activated ! whoops.

2. There is an option to send a welcome emails and I do send a welcome PM successfully .. however, I would like to send an email as well as OR instead of but i'm not sure how these two options work as NO EMAIL is sent despite the checked box. I have attached my settings so you can see what i mean:
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

if you are not getting email notifications then...

1- maybe your local (profile) has notifications turned off?
2- maybe no emails are going out?
3- maybe one of your billions of mods has broken the functiuonality
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

SO SORRY,

I got caught up with some other mods and my own forum ... this is all working as expected. There was a high delay in mail reaching YAHOO (i have a bunch of public email addresses to test SMF and other things too).

It ALL working like a dream, thank you.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: