News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

About Boards

Started by Imnotse, February 09, 2018, 12:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imnotse

When I delete the board and and I want him back, and that everything is in it as before, how can I do it

Kindred

unless you have activated the recycle board option, you can not.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Imnotse

Quote from: Kindred on February 09, 2018, 01:43:27 PM
unless you have activated the recycle board option, you can not.
It's activated, but when I delete the board, I'll get it back

Kindred

I'm sorry, but your statements are not making a lot of sense.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Imnotse

Quote from: Kindred on February 09, 2018, 04:58:06 PM
I'm sorry, but your statements are not making a lot of sense.
Listen, It's activated, but when I delete the board, i can't back board

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you delete a whole board, you will not get it back without manually re-creating the board and then going through your recycle board (which I'm actually unsure would work in this case), or reverting to a backup.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Imnotse

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on February 10, 2018, 04:45:14 AM
If you delete a whole board, you will not get it back without manually re-creating the board and then going through your recycle board (which I'm actually unsure would work in this case), or reverting to a backup.
I just saying if I want to delete the board and later to get it back, how i can do it

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I am unsure if I understand you correctly, but removing and creating boards is done through
Admin -> Forum -> Boards -> Modify Boards

To remove an existing board, you will need to click "Modify" and then at the bottom select "Delete board".
This action is irreversible, and if you have a recycle board defined all the topics in the deleted board will be moved to the recycle board.
( I just actually tested this )

To recreate a board, you go to Admin -> Forum -> Boards -> Modify Boards again and click "Add board". After you have created the board, you will need to go through the topics in the recycle board and most likely manually move all the topics back
( because the board ID of the deleted board, and the newly recreated board may or may not match )

If you try to restore a topic from a deleted board, you will get an error saying "Board structure corrupt: unable to find parent board".
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Imnotse

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on February 10, 2018, 07:40:36 AM
I am unsure if I understand you correctly, but removing and creating boards is done through
Admin -> Forum -> Boards -> Modify Boards

To remove an existing board, you will need to click "Modify" and then at the bottom select "Delete board".
This action is irreversible, and if you have a recycle board defined all the topics in the deleted board will be moved to the recycle board.
( I just actually tested this )

To recreate a board, you go to Admin -> Forum -> Boards -> Modify Boards again and click "Add board". After you have created the board, you will need to go through the topics in the recycle board and most likely manually move all the topics back
( because the board ID of the deleted board, and the newly recreated board may or may not match )

If you try to restore a topic from a deleted board, you will get an error saying "Board structure corrupt: unable to find parent board".
Ok thank u. Now I'm interested, If you accidentally delete a global moderator from a membergroups, can i back him in membergroup

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Of course, you can easily always change any individual users groups through their profile, in the account settings section,
or add and remove users to and from groups through Admin -> Members -> Membergroups -> (select a group)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Imnotse

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on February 10, 2018, 08:36:50 AM
Of course, you can easily always change any individual users groups through their profile, in the account settings section,
or add and remove users to and from groups through Admin -> Members -> Membergroups -> (select a group)
Yes i know that, But how can I set that he can only sticky, move and lock the boards

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

See the documentation on Membergroups and Permissions :)

Admin -> Members -> Permissions -> General Permissions -> (modify)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Imnotse

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on February 10, 2018, 08:59:51 AM
See the documentation on Membergroups and Permissions :)

Admin -> Members -> Permissions -> General Permissions -> (modify)
Thank u so much

Imnotse

Only this one: How do I remove and add something in my Forum> Forum profile

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What would you remove or add and where?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Imnotse

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

First make sure Admin -> Configuration -> Core Features -> Advanced Profile Fields is activated.
You can then click the title "Advanced Profile Fields" or go to Admin -> Configuration -> Features and Options -> Profile Fields to select the fields.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Imnotse

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on February 10, 2018, 09:26:52 AM
First make sure Admin -> Configuration -> Core Features -> Advanced Profile Fields is activated.
You can then click the title "Advanced Profile Fields" or go to Admin -> Configuration -> Features and Options -> Profile Fields to select the fields.
Thank u for help today  ;)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: