Trying to delete users and posts on my blog - SPAM overrun!

Started by getrichodt, February 10, 2018, 06:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getrichodt

Reactivating blog and the message board has 14,000 pages of spam posts - HELP!

How can i bulk delete these?  When i try to delete all posts with no activity in the last 30 days, my admin console goes off to never never land and nothing is deleted. 

Any suggestions?  What am i doing wrong in the admin console?

VoidingNixx

Sorry, I am just a newbie and my way probably will not be the best... but I will make a suggestion anyways.  This will require a bit more work, but you can go to your Admin page -> Members -> Search For Members.

From this page, you can define your search parameters.  You may need to manually delete some accounts (and all postings which were made on them).

Hope it helps somewhat.

** Also, on your method of removing posts not posted to.  Are you selecting the boards you wish to perform that on?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You may be hitting some limits on the hosts side if that happens. You could then try either working with smaller patches at a time, or try to find out why it fails - do you get any errors when this happens? Have you checked your server's error log too?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: