Cannot Login after Logout - Error has occurred. Session timeout.

Started by VoidingNixx, February 10, 2018, 10:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoidingNixx

I logged off of the admin account on the forums this evening to log onto my user account.  Now, I cannot log back into either one of them after logging off both accounts.  I am receiving this error when trying to login:

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

I thought it may have been a cookies issue.  I have already wiped my Internet cache and cleared all of the cookies.  It did not help.

-SMF 2.0.15

**I just found out, it only does this with the quick login at the top of the screen.  If you actually click on the LOGIN link and visit that page, you can still log back into the forum properly.  The login at the top of the page use to work without needing to follow the link to the login page.  Is this a theme issue or a SMF issue?  Any idea what may be wrong and how to fix?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Thanks for letting us know, and for posting the solution for others possibly facing the same problem :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Dregran

Kindred

Start your own topic, since it is obviously a different issue, and this one has already been marked as solved.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: