News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bugs: Indexed URLs Keeps Decreasing in Webmaster Tools

Started by Xpresskonami, February 12, 2018, 12:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xpresskonami

My Webmaster Tools shows no messages or errors with my website sitemap, but the number of URLs that are showing as indexed by Webmaster Tools keeps changing.

Webmaster Tools shows, as of Friday (3 days Ago), 12,240 "submitted" URLs. As of that friday, 3,639 are indexed. This was after I resubmitted the site map on that day.

The number of URLs indexed has just drop to 2612 Today, While the Submitted URLS is still 12,240.  please as anyone come accross this and what is the solutions to it ...

vbgamer45

That is very common. Google does not index many urls any more.  They only take a few.
I seen it across all my forum sites.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Xpresskonami

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 12, 2018, 01:45:52 PM
That is very common. Google does not index many urls any more.  They only take a few.
I seen it across all my forum sites.

Okay.

Xpresskonami

please Any site owner here should kindly check his/her webmaster tools and see if the sitemap index Link's is reducing... I think this problem is from Google or from my site.. please Any site owner should check and reply

Xpresskonami

Please this Issue is really affecting my SEO. my site as totally De-Ranked in Search engine. this happening immediately I get a new domain for my Blog. my research on this was cause by duplicate content/canonical urls. Please how can I Fix this problem on SMF

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

well, yes.  the numbers WILL decrease as google PROPERLY indexes your pages. That was the whole point of adding the canonical URL value.

Now, pages which were indexed separately, because they had slightly different URLs are correctly indicated to be the same page, despite the different URL.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What you should do is go to Google's webmaster tools, and find the new Search Console. It will actually show you exactly how many links are indexed, how many have been ecluded, and why.

For example, I see my forum has 34.8K links indexed, 128K links excluded, of which about 120K because of correct use of noindex and canonical tags.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: