News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

What is this error in issue warning?

Started by MaisterK, February 13, 2018, 02:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaisterK

Hi, i get this error every time when some admin add warning to any user:
/index.php?action=profile;area=issuewarning;u=22982

2: sprintf(): Too few arguments

Archivo: /var/www/Sources/Profile-Actions.php
Línea: 330

SMF 2.0.13
Simpleportal mod installed

aegersz

just some basics from my KB for you to review:

1. http://smfhelp.org/index.php?page=Enabling-and-Using-the-Warning-System

2. locate the member's Profile > Actions > Issue a warning then click on the + on the Warning Level bar until you reach 10 %

then populate the Reason for Warning and send a notification (see check box etc.) if you want but isn't not necessary to effect watch.

they now have  (!) Watched in their avatar frame.

if you keep increasing the Warning Level bar then you will disable the member further, through having their posts Moderated and even beyond if you think we need that.

... if all that checks out then get back to us.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

Ummmmmm.... what does any of that have to do with the fact that the user here reports an error when he attempts to issue a warning?

He's not asking how to give a warning.

maisterK,   What is that line of code?  (Actually, include about 10lines before and 5 after)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

i know but i wanted to see if if happened at a particular point so i started with the most basic use of it.

i do seem to go off on tangents but this was because these are stable core functions so i felt some more diagnostics would help.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Kindred on February 13, 2018, 09:11:01 PM
maisterK,   What is that line of code?  (Actually, include about 10lines before and 5 after)
Or include the file as an attachment to your next post and I'm sure someone will take a look at it :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

MaisterK

I attach the file.
I have never edited it btw.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It does seem like untouched original code.

// Setup the "default" templates.
foreach (array('spamming', 'offence', 'insulting') as $type)
$context['notification_templates'][] = array(
'title' => $txt['profile_warning_notify_title_' . $type],
'body' => sprintf($txt['profile_warning_notify_template_outline' . (!empty($context['warning_for_message']) ? '_post' : '')], $txt['profile_warning_notify_for_' . $type]),
);

Has this ever worked? If it has, have you done any changes recently that could explain why it's not working?
What mods do you have installed?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

MaisterK

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on February 14, 2018, 01:39:59 PM
It does seem like untouched original code.

// Setup the "default" templates.
foreach (array('spamming', 'offence', 'insulting') as $type)
$context['notification_templates'][] = array(
'title' => $txt['profile_warning_notify_title_' . $type],
'body' => sprintf($txt['profile_warning_notify_template_outline' . (!empty($context['warning_for_message']) ? '_post' : '')], $txt['profile_warning_notify_for_' . $type]),
);

Has this ever worked? If it has, have you done any changes recently that could explain why it's not working?
What mods do you have installed?

I have simpleportal.

The only change i do recently:
I update the forum to 2.0.15 but it broke my forum(It did not connect to the database for any reason
) and I had to revert by placing the backup that I made before.

PD: The warning sys works perfecta but that error appears any time enter that link
PD:The language I have is spanish_latin, since there is txt can be something related to that?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What if you change to english, and try to warn someone, does that error come up then?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: