Creating a resource area.

Started by SaltedWeb, February 13, 2018, 06:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

I am creating an area where I am reviewing certain websites and looking for a good way to use SMF to do it.
There would be several hundred sites along with details to the sites.
Something along a resource library I have seen other paid software have like a resource area and trying to think
how to do that the easiest way possible and without a huge amount of editing to add content,

Any one with ideas appreciated.

I have Simple Portal, Tidy Boards and ultimate menu as the only mods I have that can create areas
outside of the obvious built in features of SMF.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SaltedWeb

Hmmm that might work,  I spent the other day cruising thru the mod list, so many cool items for SMF.
Of course my brain didnt remember this one. I'll take a run in my test forum see if it will work for it
Thank You.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Kindred

I think the exact title is smf links
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SaltedWeb

Yes that is it, I installed it, I think with a little tweaking I can make it work for
what I need,  mean I could just make a page and html it but anything that saves time is good.
Think this is what I needed.
Appreciate the help.

SW

landyvlad

Depends on the type of content.

I use SMF Downloads mod so my members can download instructions etc for things to do with motorbikes.
Many portals (eg TinyPortal) have a similar downloads system.

Oh I just re-read your original post and yep SMF Links is probably the way to go.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

SaltedWeb

I gave the links a shot after a few days of tweaking it to work as I needed it didnt quite cut it.
I realize when we try and do something for SMF its not really intended to it can get complicated.

I am doing something more down home, just a html creating a page using the  SP option 
articles and pages depending how I want guest to see the information.

Appreciate the help.

Advertisement: