after convert looking for a way to do mass permission changes.

Started by Ruben Rocha, February 15, 2018, 04:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruben Rocha

I converted a large UBB forum.
165 boards
2.9 million posts
38,655 members.
After the conversion I found that all the  members do have things such as posting,replies ext.
Except for the Admin
In all of the 165 forums.

I found I can turn on view only by the member groups with one click for all forums.

But it seems to be very cumbersome going one board at a time and adding permissions for posts,replys,polls etc.
Rinse and repeat 164 more times
Let alone setup the moderators.

Is there some type of shortcut I missed or mod that will allow me to set permissions on all the forums at once.
Then I can just manually edit the very few boards that have special permission's

Kindred

you don't have to do permission per board.

set up a profile with the permissions that you want
assign every board to use that one profile....

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Permissions#Board_Permissions_2
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ruben Rocha

I don't recall finding profiles before can you give me a navigation hint?

Ruben Rocha

Never mind I will try that and see if I can figure it out.
I see default is already assigned to all the forums so I assume if I edit that profile it will update all the boards?

Ruben Rocha

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: