News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Update error messages

Started by BluewatchMCFC, February 16, 2018, 06:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluewatchMCFC

Hi  all

I  am  trying  to  install  a  patch  from  the  message  below

A few security vulnerabilities and bugs in SMF 2.0.13 have been fixed. You can install this patch (click here to install) to fix your forum and update it to 2.0.14.

The package has been uploaded successfully

SMF 2.0.14 Update[ List Files ][ Install Mod ]

At  the  end before installing  I have 11  test  failed mesages.

Please could somebody avise where I need to correct them.

Thanks

Ian,

aegersz

those are all template files issues which are related to your optional themes (curve-mobile and Reboot are having issues) but Core is ok.

do you or any members use curve-mobile and Reboot themes ? if not, then you can remove then and try again.

i have never really been attracted to themes but you can use them to make your site look very slick and professional.

I have little experience with themes although i do have them. This is quote from http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Manual_installation_of_mods:

QuoteMods are installed on the default theme's template files. It is hard for a Mod's author as well as a theme creator to make Mods work with other themes especially if they have several of their own template files. When a template file is not found in a custom non-default theme the theme will rollback and use the default theme's template file. But for the template files that the custom theme does use, you will need to manually install the mod on to your custom themes template files if the mod edited the same template file in the default theme.

anyway, someone probably will come along and give you some advice on how best to proceed.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

BluewatchMCFC

Cheers  aegersz

Changed  the curve-mobile and Reboot themes   as you suggested  and  the  failed messages all  cleared.

Thank you for you help.

Ian,

aegersz

as long as you tested those themes and if they are working as expected, all good.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

that is not typically the best way to handle things...   you don't change the themes to match the "find this" code...

you leave the templates, find the section that closely matches the find this and use human knowledge to change it to closely match the new code while still retaining the old.  By changing the templates to match the default you quite probably broke things on your custom themes
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

can you restore your theme to what was by uninstalling the mod ?

if not, is there another way IF you haven't taken file backups ?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: aegersz on February 16, 2018, 05:18:30 PM
can you restore your theme to what was by uninstalling the mod ?
No, usually the uninstaller will then revert the code to what it was when you installed. It does not know of your manual edits.

Quote from: aegersz on February 16, 2018, 05:18:30 PM
if not, is there another way IF you haven't taken file backups ?
Get copies of the originals, and try to figure out what was there before the edits, or if you don't have any mods - then just replace the files with copies of the originals.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: