What is the easiest way to comment out this section.

Started by SaltedWeb, February 16, 2018, 06:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

My site basically does not need many of the menu items.
I have tried a simple edit in CSS for some reason wont work on this theme when it has on others.

So wanted edit it out in Subs.php to remove the help on the menu.
I have tried several things I thought would work but get a parse error so eventually doing it wrong.
Thanks/

),
'help' => array(
'title' => $txt['help'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=help',
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Sir Osis of Liver

'help' => array(
'title' => $txt['help'],
'show' => false,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

SaltedWeb

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 16, 2018, 09:21:13 PM

'help' => array(
'title' => $txt['help'],
'show' => false,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

OK now this is weird wonder if something was going on with my site this afternoon as that was the first thing I did and it gave a parse error.
I tried commenting out and had the same result.  But ok now its working. Hmmmm its funny because the PE was referring to the line where this is located.  Well its working now Thanks Osis.  Now makes me wonder what was going on hmm my error_log shows those parses so....
Well thank you for replying not sure what was up but now its working.   Have a good one and thanks for answering any idea what might cause it to report like that and now work?  Just for the record all I did was change to false didnt copy paste so was the same I did earlier about 10 times LOL.
Oh well its friday...
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Advertisement: