Money

Started by TheBrothersArm, February 17, 2018, 12:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBrothersArm

Is there possible way that i can get money from my own forum ?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'd say not really from a forum alone. You can make some money from ads and so on, but don't expect to get rich.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

I've worked on a number of forums that are making money with the Paid Subscriptions feature, typically several thousand dollars per year.  You need to develop some content that members would be willing to pay to access.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 17, 2018, 10:27:04 PM
I've worked on a number of forums that are making money with the Paid Subscriptions feature, typically several thousand dollars per year.  You need to develop some content that members would be willing to pay to access.
for example ?

vbgamer45

A bunch of places.
Ad's are one way
Sponsored content/placements
Paid memberships.
If you sell products you make money that way.
Ask for donations.

Have some tips here https://www.smfhacks.com/monetize-your-smf-forum-and-website.html

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

landyvlad

Quote from: Thug Cat on February 17, 2018, 12:48:42 PM
Is there possible way that i can get money from my own forum ?

Based on your forum which is less than 2 months old, has a total of 50 members and 149 topics - I would bevery confident in saying that the answer is "No".
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Sir Osis of Liver

Anyone remember this one?  A classic.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Rust

Can be done?  Yes.  Likely to happen with a new forum, beyond breaking even, circa Q1 2018?  Unlikely.  There are ways to generate income (e.g., paid accounts, ad revenue, affiliation programs, et al.).  But the reality is it isn't likely to be much.

My favorite forum (that I also moderate on) has over 40,000 members, has been around for almost a decade (started on vBulletin in 2009 and later went Xenforo), is run efficiently, has supporting members, paid sponsors, and ads and they are still barely able to break even on a good month.  Granted they are in a niche that isn't really helpful for ad delivery, but still.

Advertisement: