Inserting topics with MySQL

Started by Adviesgroep Koi en vijver, February 18, 2018, 12:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adviesgroep Koi en vijver

Hi,

There may be an older topic with my question, but I could not find it after half an hour of searching. So I decided to ask for help for my problem ...

Is it possible to create new topics on a selected board using a MySQL query?

When I insert a new record in msf_messages, which is a response to a topic, I see it directly on the forum. When I start a new topic, it is not displayed on the board.

Can someone help us with this? Will save us a lot of time by constantly making topics.

Thanks.

vbgamer45

I would use SMF's SSI with a combination of the createTopic function found in Sources/Subs-Post.php
You can also look at my rss feed poster mod for some examples of that function.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

basically, there are at least two, possibly more, tables involved with creating a topic.

Also, unless your script carefully and fully cleans the content, you are likely exposing yourself to mySQL injections...   therefore, using the SSI function(s) will be much safer as it leverages SMF's existing security measures and correctly adds content to all of the appropriate tables
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: