Read only board

Started by stoska, February 28, 2018, 07:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoska

Hi,

I'm interested in whether it's possible to do something like this

when it is stated that the board for redirection then the number of messages and topics is invisible
I put this if "if (! $ board ['is_redirect'])" and everything ok,
do you perhaps know which function I could do the same if I put the board only read only on the permissions profiles,
Is it at all possible?

Tnx

stoska

Illori

first off please dont bump within 24 hours we are all volunteers.

to me it is not very clear what you want to do. you talk about a redirection board which would never have topics/posts in it, then you talk about a read only board which may have topics and posts in it. so i dont know what you want.

stoska

Quote from: Illori on March 01, 2018, 05:10:19 AM
first off please dont bump within 24 hours we are all volunteers.

to me it is not very clear what you want to do. you talk about a redirection board which would never have topics/posts in it, then you talk about a read only board which may have topics and posts in it. so i dont know what you want.

I want to say when I put it in Modify Boards this

yes on the board index appears this

Illori

if it is read only it should still count the number of posts/topics on the board index. if it does not then you need to see if your mods or themes have modified the logic. we have several read only boards here and they show the topic/post count in the board index.

Diego Andrés

He wants to display the total of times those topics have been read when it is a only read board

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

stoska

Quote from: Diego Andrés on March 02, 2018, 12:23:19 AM
He wants to display the total of times those topics have been read when it is a only read board
Yes

Kindred

oh, that is a *BAD* idea...   you're taking an "expensive" query to start with and adding another "expensive" query on top of that....

I guess the biggest question is "why?"
What is the specific use case where this would be useful information?
People don't care about how many times a topic has been read (especially since that number is artificially inflated every time a search engine spider crawls through.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: