News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

inserted images using http url not showing

Started by brynn, February 20, 2018, 05:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I am as confused as you are, the original you attached and the 2.0.15 default are identical.
The comment line does look like they removed a line, and replaced it with another line identical with the default, but what they removed was different.

Also, I do feel it odd they edited your files without asking.

I think what you have now is fine, and if the other forum works ok, then that is fine too because it probably has the original code right. If you want to replace it, is up to you really.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

brynn

Well, setting aside the mystery as to what they did....  Well, to me, their edited file still looks identical to the file I started with, so I don't understand why it works.   But since I'm not using their file anyway....

Ooohhh......  I just thought of something....

When you do an upgrade, and there are failed tests with instructions for fixing the file (Find/Replace/Add Before codes) are you supposed to download that file before or after you put the upgrade through (even though it's showing the failed tests)?

I was thinking it wouldn't matter, that I'd get the same file, either way.  I was thinking that putting the upgrade through would not affect the file, because it can't find the right code, so it can't edit the file.  So what does it matter if I download the file before or after I put the upgrade through?  But if the upgrade can edit the file, even though it also gives  the failed tests, then it really might matter whether I download the file before or after putting the upgrade through.

In this case, I had downloaded the file before I sent the upgrade through.  That's the file I shared with you.  But if putting the upgrade through could have changed that file, then that might explain how what they saw was different.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you grab a copy of the file first, and only then install or uninstall a mod, you would need to make sure you get all the edits done manually and upload the manually updated file after the install/uninstall. If you first make the edits, upload the file, and then install or uninstall a mod there's a small chance it will still make further edits and something goes wrong.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

brynn

QuoteIf you grab a copy of the file first, and only then install or uninstall a mod, you would need to make sure you get all the edits done manually and upload the manually updated file after the install/uninstall.

That's what I did.  So that still  leaves a mystery where they got the file that they edited.

In any case, all is fixed now.  I'll mark it  ;)

Pipke

when you site uses ssl and have images or avatars with http instead of https and your site using the proxy.php and then shows no image this can help, atleast it helped me.(set proxy.php to chmod 644)

500 Error: File is writeable by group

On occasion you may get a 500 page error (a green/blue error page) when trying to run a PHP script in your account. When checking the error og which you can do via the cPanel account log in you may see the following line:

[Wed Jan 31 16:34:12 2011] [error] [client 11.111.111.111] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home/username/public_html/index.php" is writeable by group

This is due to the server running SuPHP and the files having higher permissions than allowed, to fix this problem you need to make sure your files are chmod 644 for all PHP based files and 755 for directories in order for them to work with SuPHP.You can easily do this by connecting via FTP with Filezilla and right clicking on the problem folders and files and selecting file permissions.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

Advertisement: