Where do I find "Choose File" and "no file selected"

Started by Dwev, February 24, 2018, 04:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwev

Our forum uses a different language, no problem, we just translated everything that still needed translation.

But there's one thing that we can't find: after you choose for "Attachments and other options" in the Reply form under "Attach" you see the button "Choose File" with the text "no file selected".

Can anybody tell me where these can be found, so we can translate these as well.
Thanks in advance.

Sir Osis of Liver

Unfortunately, some of this is browser specific.  IE11 displays this -

FF57 displays this -

There are several ways to change the button label, which may not work in all browsers -

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1944267/how-to-change-the-button-text-of-input-type-file

Simplest is to make an image, that should work everywhere.

The link following the input field is here -

Post.english.php

$txt['clean_attach'] = 'Clear Attachment';

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Dwev

@ Sir Osis: thank you, your answer led me to the solution.

I use all of my devices in English, so my browsers as well. After your explanation of how this is all dependent on the browser I switched my devices to the language of the forum, and all was well.

This means that people with the language of their device set to another language will see this button and the following text accordingly. I assume that they'll be able to comprehend the language that their device is set to, so problem solved, as far as I'm concerned... ;)

Advertisement: