News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

2 page topic

Started by Bigguy, February 26, 2018, 10:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

So there seems to be something else going on with SMF. I have a topic that had just hit the second page. Which means my post made the second page of that topic. When that happened some weird crap started to happen and I did get database errors. Those errors did stop until I started to post in the topic again. So that is what I am doing now. So step by step:

I just now went to the second page of my topic. I posted a reply by using the reply button, not quick reply. After I pressed post, I was not redirected back to the topic I was redirect to the middle of the first page. But, the page indicator shows I am on page 2 when page 1 is in fact showing. When I click on page one I get a error in the admin panel:

Undefined offset: 0  https://www.whatsurbeef.net/index.php?topic=56.0  /******/******f/public_html/Sources/Display.php (Line 1001
Now I had to go into the admin panel to get that error message. So when I come back to that topic and try to go to page two I get this:

QuoteWrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (page_id)

I think I may have a few more errors now. Page 1 does not show at all and there is no "All" link on the page.

Bigguy

Here is a database error:

Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (page_id)
Function: Display https://www.whatsurbeef.net/index.php?topic=56.15                  /*******/******/public_html/Sources/Display.php (Line 919

The page does sort itself out eventually and you can see all pages and all topics but for a bit it goes real weird. I hope this makes sense to people, lol. Or some one can re-create it.

albertlast

Since you got a github account,
it would be better to open issue direrctly here: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues

i was able to reproduce this,
will be get fixed later this day i guess.

Bigguy

Ok I just copy and pasted it over there. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's a real issue or not so instead of buggin ya's over there I like posting here. in case it's not a real issue. I'll try posting over there from now on I guess, lol. Just don't wanna bug ya's that's all.

Bigguy

That fix worked on my site, thanks everyone.

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: Bigguy on February 27, 2018, 06:38:46 AM
Ok I just copy and pasted it over there. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's a real issue or not so instead of buggin ya's over there I like posting here. in case it's not a real issue. I'll try posting over there from now on I guess, lol. Just don't wanna bug ya's that's all.

Don't worry about that. If it isn't a real issue, we'll just close it with a brief explanation. :)
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Bigguy

Alrighty. If I find anymore I will post over there with as much detail as I can. :) Thanks again guys for all the work and the quick fixes. :)

(I mean the fixes were quick to come not that they were quick....well you know, lol )

Advertisement: