News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Board Privacy Question

Started by Harvester, February 27, 2018, 05:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvester

Hello,

I want a few boards under the same specific Category to be seen by all but to be accessibly by only specific membergroups.

Is this possible?

when i set it to certain membergroups in the board permissions then only those groups can see them.

I would like for everyone to see them but only my specified groups to have entry and be able to read the posts within those boards.

Bigguy

There used to be a mod that would put a password field right on the topic description, so all could see but you could only go in if you had the password. Not sure if it's still around or not anymore.

Kindred

You would need a mod. By default and on purpose, smf does not show any action that you can not complete.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Harvester

Quote from: Illori on February 28, 2018, 05:09:45 AM
are you using SMF 2.1?

oops no.. I didnt mean to post in this board. Im using 2.0

Doug Heffernan

Have you looked in the Mods section? Maybe there is a mod there that does what you want.

-Rock Lee-

Although I did a bit with the issue of permissions of groups and forums, although it is somewhat cumbersome at a certain point.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Kindred

It is not possible without a mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Kindred on March 02, 2018, 04:49:59 PM
It is not possible without a mod.

Why not? I did it based on trying several permission agreements although I left some things hanging but it could be

Quote from: Steve on March 03, 2018, 02:09:41 PM
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2309

This would have saved me several hours of failed attempts with the permits  :'( ... I keep it for the next.

Regards!

ADD: Sorry my bad english.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Rock Lee on March 04, 2018, 08:42:48 AM

Why not? I did it based on trying several permission agreements although I left some things hanging but it could be

Because the permissions will hide the board completely and not show it like the OP is asking.

But in case we are wrong, can you please tell us how you managed to do that with permissions?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: doug_ips on March 04, 2018, 08:47:39 AM
Because the permissions will hide the board completely and not show it like the OP is asking.

But in case we are wrong, can you please tell us how you managed to do that with permissions?

Making certain combinations I achieved what I was looking for but also has this request that requires, what you need at that moment ...

Regards!

Kindred

Rock lee, you absolutely CAN NOT do this with the core permissions setup.

By default, smf will NOT Display any action that you can not complete. If you can not read a board, the system will never show that board in the index and there is no permission that you can set to change this, without a mod or other code change.
Слaва
Украинi

-Rock Lee-

Nor generating a specific forum in addition to a group of users in particular? that is allowed to see exclusively that area, I achieve making several groups of users and specific forums for it ... may not fully understand what you are looking for and for what I required fulfilled its function. Also thank you very much @Kindred for clarifying and apologizing for diverting the central topic.

Regards!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yes - You can make areas accessible to select groups only.
No - You can not make then visible to anyone who can not access.

For that, there are mods available.

For example this one.
Quote from: Steve on March 03, 2018, 02:09:41 PM
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2309
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: