News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

iurl

Started by Bigguy, February 27, 2018, 07:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Why is it that when using the wysiwyg editor in 2.1 and pressing the link button to add a link makes it iurl instead of url. See screen shot, but what I usually do to create a link is take a word like "News", highlight it and then press the link button in the editor and paste my link in there and it's done. I just noticed that the editor makes those link iurl. Which means when the link is click it takes people away from the site. Was this intentional or is there a way to get the editor to open those links with url tags instead of iurl. Just thought I would ask.

Shambles

Quote from: Bigguy... the editor makes those link iurl. Which means when the link is click it takes people away from the site ...

I thought [iurl] is meant to keep your clicker onsite?

Illori

Quote from: Shambles on February 28, 2018, 02:44:12 AM
Quote from: Bigguy... the editor makes those link iurl. Which means when the link is click it takes people away from the site ...

I thought [iurl] is meant to keep your clicker onsite?

right iurl is for internal URL's or those that you dont want opened in a new tab.

for example
What is repair_settings.php? is made with iurl.

are you using the WYSISYG editor? if so then i think this is a bug. using the button and filling in the URL is making it an iurl vs url bbc. if you dont use WYSISYG editor it puts the link correctly.

Bigguy

Yes that's right. If not using the editor all is good. So this is a bug in the editor then, ok. That's all I wanted to know.

Illori

this should be reported on github so the devs can fix it.

Bigguy

Ok, I'll give it a shot. :)

Bigguy

Ok, I posted an issue there with a link back to here. I know they were thinking of updating the editor. I read that in one of the posts on github. Maybe that would take care of this.

Gwenwyfar

Thanks for the bug report :)

It helps if you can link the issue here also, so we can track it both ways: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/4575
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Bigguy

Ok, sorry about that. Next time I will.

Sesquipedalian

I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Bigguy

Hey, great to hear. With all these changes bein done, I'm gonna have to upgrade soon. :)

Advertisement: