This has to do with permissions and google,bing etc

Started by Kathryn_, March 05, 2018, 03:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathryn_

So my forum is an e-book smf 2.0.15 forum. I have it set up rather strict since I was not even open and people were posting some pretty gnarly stuff. You can not reply until you are signed in and you cannot upload until you are a hero. Do I need to make a guest permission for
bots? If so How would I list the bots, as Google Bot, MSN like that or do I have to find their actual names?

-Rock Lee-

If you have the search theme enabled in the search options of your administrative panel there is an option where you can provide what kind of permission you give ... Sorry for my expression I am bad with English.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

br360

You can go into admin> core features and then enable search engine tracking. That should list all the spiders and search engines for you in The Who's online list

You don't have to give them any special permissions as they will only crawl for topics and boards you give guests access to already view

Kindred

And, if you gave special permissions to only bits, you will get blacklisted, s8nce that is a violation of the terms of service.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kathryn_

? I was not looking to provide special permissions but guests can do what everyone else can do without logging in, read online or listen by audio you tube...
Did I misunderstand you?  Sorry if I have...

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Kathryn_ on March 07, 2018, 05:55:13 PM
? I was not looking to provide special permissions but guests can do what everyone else can do without logging in, read online or listen by audio you tube...

If it is configured that way, I believe by default it brings 4 or 5 permissions (that you can easily edit). It is also advisable not to vary what visitors see the spiders because in the long run you ****** ... Sorry if I can not express correctly.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Kathryn_ on March 07, 2018, 05:55:13 PM
If I understood you correctly, then you are fine - Bots will always see what any guest can see, unless you restrict them specifically (for example through robots.txt)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: