Won't let me change forum URL

Started by SoulDragon, March 05, 2018, 08:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoulDragon

No matter how many times I try the damn forum URL keeps reverting to the server's local IP.  Even the repair_settings.php lists the correct forum URL, but the forum itself keeps reverting back to the server's local IP!  I couldn't find anything about this on the forum, has anyone else had this issue or know how to correct it?

Kindred

Ask your host...

I have never heard of such a thing
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SoulDragon

I am the host, this is the problem :D

Even in Settings.php the forum URL is correct, but the forum itself when logging into it keeps doing the local IP, very strange.

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

SoulDragon

I just deleted everything and did a fresh install and made absolutely sure that I set the forum URL to my FQDN.  After the install, it immediately switched it to the local server IP address.

Settings.php has the correct FQDN
repair_settings.php has the correct FQDN
All the database entries under the smf_settings table have the correct FQDN (using mysql)
My apache config has the correct FQDN

Admin -> Configuration -> Server Settings -> Database and Paths -> Forum URL has the local IP address
Looking at the page source, images and links are all pointing to the local IP address

I do not understand, It makes literally zero sense.  Every config file has the correct information but the live site doesn't want anything to do with it.

I have two other sites running on the same box that work just fine, one with an almost identical apache config file (only difference is the ServerName, ServerAlias, Directory, and DocumentRoot)

SoulDragon

Figured it out.  My Web Application firewall was blocking host headers from being passed to the apache server.

I was getting confused because the Forum URL entry in the admin settings kept reverting itself to the local IP, thinking it was a bugged settings file or weird permission issue.

Advertisement: