Outsourcing SMF support

Started by ramins, March 06, 2018, 06:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramins

I am currently providing support for a forum for a sailing club and have done so for the last 11 years.

there is no one in-house that can take over the support and I do not want to be the only support as most of the time I am not in UK any more.

I am looking to outsource the support with a proper support contract.
Does anyone here provide any such service?

also, I would appreciate any feedback on anyone that has used "Become a Charter Member" support?

Thanks and Regards
Ramin

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What does this support actually mean, what are you looking for?
I mean, just "support" can be interpreted in many ways in the context of SMF I think.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

ramins

As you know the SMF forum is very stable and ours is being hosted by awardsapce.com [nofollow] and we are happy with the hosting and backup etc.
What I am looking for is for someone who can do the normal maintenance of SMF including updates and upgrades.
BE the Admin. of the forum and investigate and fix any technical issues (we have had only one main issue in the last 10 years - mailing).
Be at the end of the phone if someone has a problem, which usually is not knowing how to do something.

Illori

Quote from: ramins on March 06, 2018, 09:46:20 AM
Be at the end of the phone if someone has a problem, which usually is not knowing how to do something.
if they want someone to be on the phone, a charter membership will not provide this as we do not provide support via phone.

Kindred

the charter membership is given in thanks for a donation...   it is not a purchase of a service.
As a thank you, we give a badge and offer to help with standard installation or upgrades.

We do not officially offer "support of your specific site" or any other service through SMF. You would have to find someone in the help wanted section to do that for you.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Doug Heffernan

I am interested in this ramins. 

-Rock Lee-

I can collaborate for what you require, I am available please send me an MP.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Advertisement: