sending newsletter to over 10k member ? can we split it ?

Started by wtfwtf, March 08, 2018, 04:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtfwtf

i am limited by server by the number of mails my server can send
is there a way to send the newsletter in parts ?

drewactual

-Rock Lee-

With such amount it is possible to take you as spam or put your server in the blacklists ... Try to use a shipping line but at a very low rate!

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

wtfwtf

Quote from: Rock Lee on March 08, 2018, 06:32:12 PM
With such amount it is possible to take you as spam or put your server in the blacklists ... Try to use a shipping line but at a very low rate!

Regards!
can you please explain

Quote from: drewactual on March 08, 2018, 04:46:20 PM
batches, man, batches.  use the queue.
how ?

-Rock Lee-

You have to go to » Administration Center » News and Newsletters » Newsletters to send the newsletters. And to define the tail you have to go to » Administration Center » Mail » Settings ... With such recommended amount 1 per minute (usually I always use 3 and I have no problems) for the amount you have to send!

Regards!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

richardwbb

Whith such amounts of e-mails I would consider a mysql query for all email addresses, if you have access to mysql and would like a list of all e-mails, let me know. I am on my.phone now, I have the required query written on my laptop.
If my post in this topic looks ambiguous to you, then I'm with Murphy's law and General Stupidity. In other words, trial and error.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

richardwbb

Oops, I've misread, I read something about batches, but the SMF queue can be seen as a batch.
If my post in this topic looks ambiguous to you, then I'm with Murphy's law and General Stupidity. In other words, trial and error.

butch2k

gmail and hotmail (and others) will probably put you on a deferred list meaning your mails might take days to actually be delivered. Especially if your email server is not setup up with DMARC/DKIM. I encountered the problem until i correctly set up my mail server so as to send those headers, else my emails got deferred a lot.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Gmail or hotmail are not very good choices to use for this kind of mailing, because they easily label you a spammer too - unless you follow their rules to the letter. Especially Gmail.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

butch2k

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 13, 2018, 01:27:06 PM
Gmail or hotmail are not very good choices to use for this kind of mailing, because they easily label you a spammer too - unless you follow their rules to the letter. Especially Gmail.
I'm not suggesting using hotmail or gmail as a sending service, but those providers block incoming mails from "low security/low reputation" servers for hours sometimes more.

-Rock Lee-

With such amounts is to put your server in a list of safe spammer unless you pay for services do it for you (the only free I know admits 2k no more). With gmail I have had some problems although I have a limit of 250 to 300 emails per day approximately and because it is an account I used it for years just for that ...

Regards!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: wtfwtf on March 08, 2018, 04:44:08 PM
So, did you look at the settings, and did you get this sorted?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

wtfwtf

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 18, 2018, 02:47:14 AM
Quote from: wtfwtf on March 08, 2018, 04:44:08 PM
So, did you look at the settings, and did you get this sorted?
checked the settings,
planing the blast soon, just want to get all the info in 1 mail,
as don't want to abuse with this feature

wtfwtf

i have set it to 3 per min, and it is still sending since a day and a half
but seems going well

Advertisement: