News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Database

Started by fatchocobomom, March 10, 2018, 11:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatchocobomom

I've got an earlier thread, and your advice was great. Reinstalled smf successfully- smf is upgraded, avatars and attachments uploading with no problems.. Only problem I'm having now is it's not finding the previous boards in my database. It's back to just the general category and discussion, with no users. I see it all in phpmyadmin, I just have no idea why my new boards (all same links, just a clean reinstall and upgrade.) aren't showing the stuff in my database. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Illori

how did you reinstall SMF?

fatchocobomom

Uploaded the file via ftp. Followed the directions in the manual page.

Illori

if you followed the directions and did NOT run the install.php file you should not be seeing what are. install.php should not have been found in the files you used in the first place.
so what exact steps did you do?

fatchocobomom

I backed up my database, both mySQL and from the forums itself, just in case. I backed up my avatars, themes, packages, smileys. Then I deleted smf from my host since that's how I installed it and was told that was bad and needed to do a clean install. Deleted the files on my host. Uploaded the file that I downloaded from smf, and extracted it there. Ran the install. I think the only thing I had to change from my previous version (which was 2.0.1 through the host auto installer) was using php 5.4 instead of php4, I kept all the settings, passwords, paths, etc the same. I then imported my database, made sure to upload the original folders for avatars, smileys, packages, themes, and then ran repairphp to make sure all the paths were correct.

fatchocobomom

It's fine, actually. I can start over, since we only had a few threads and I have access to what I had each category and board. It's just a bit of extra work I wanted to avoid. I'm sure I screwed up somewhere, lol. Thanks though, if I hadn't re-installed, I would've been dealing with some broken stuff I didn't want to deal with and made the site ugly.

Advertisement: