News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Unable to load Themes/default/index.template.php!

Started by pfhirsch, March 09, 2018, 08:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfhirsch

Greetings!

Just encountered my first issue with SM Forum which is self-inflicted.  I removed the default theme line which I believe is causing this issue.

I have read other posts, used the repair settings and was able to select different settings but there wasn't a "save" button...

So now I am gun shy...

I am currently running version 1.1.13 which I would like to upgrade once I get this resolved.

Any help would be great!

Illori

what do you mean you removed the default theme line?

pfhirsch

Illori

then you need to replace the theme. you canNOT delete the default theme.

pfhirsch

Right.  That's what I need to do but I can't get into the forum due the error(subject) I am getting.

How can I get into the Forum to reset the theme?

Thanks in Advance.

Illori

if the files are in place, repair_settings.php should be able to help you out.

pfhirsch

Thank you for your reply Illori.

Yes, from everything I have read I was thinking the Repair Settings would help as well.

I just tried again and uploaded the repair_settings.php file to where the settings.php as instructed.

I can see the options (attached) but the instructions mention a link for updating purposes but I don't see the link to update.  I can change the option to use the default theme.
"The tool will display a link under each item with a recommended value; clicking these links will update the corresponding text box fields with the recommended value."

What am I missing?

Illori

did you scroll down? there is more to it then just what you are showing.

pfhirsch

Yes, what displays there is the Paths and URLs section.

Illori

in that section does it include the default theme? is the path and URL to the default theme correct?
is the default theme in that location?

pfhirsch

No, Forum URL & Directory, Sources and Attachments Directories...

Illori

did you delete the default theme from the themes section in the admin panel or where exactly was it removed?

pfhirsch

Illori

might be easier to ask your host to restore your database from a recent backup then to try to manually fix this mess.

pfhirsch

Illori

pfhirsch

No, I assumed there were backups but since SMF is third party the Host does not back it up. Lesson Learned.

I have since uninstalled and installed 2.0.6 but lost all data which wasn't a lot.

I appreciate your help Illori.

Best Regards!

Illori

you really need to have 2.0.15 installed, and that is a sorry excuse from your host. they should do a backup even if you are using someone elses software.

pfhirsch

Yes, very lame.  The highest version available thru Host is 2.0.6.

Illori

then you should not use your hosts auto installer, or you should upgrade to 2.0.15.

Advertisement: