Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data.

Started by KILLERMANTV, March 11, 2018, 12:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KILLERMANTV

Hello,
I am trying to install smf forum (ver. 2.0.15) on my website hosted locally on my synology nas, i am using mariaDB 10 and phpmyadmin where i already created account (with password, all privileges) and database named "forum", but this happens "Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data."
What can i do ?
Thanks for help.

Illori

are you sure the database user is correct along with the password for that username?

KILLERMANTV

Quote from: Illori on March 11, 2018, 12:55:02 PM
are you sure the database user is correct along with the password for that username?
It is 100% correct.

Illori

is mysql running on localhost or some other server? somewhere you are entering something incorrectly.

KILLERMANTV

Quote from: Illori on March 11, 2018, 01:45:36 PM
is mysql running on localhost or some other server? somewhere you are entering something incorrectly.
It's running locally.

tinoest

tinoest

Quote from: KILLERMANTV on March 11, 2018, 03:49:10 PM
Quote from: tinoest on March 11, 2018, 03:41:01 PM
Try 127.0.0.1 as the IP.
Thanks that worked!

I think your earlier permission with any, localhost, no password was being picked up first which is why you were being denied access. 127.0.0.1 wasn't listed so would meet the % requirement on the other username.

attlebax

There is a bug in mariadb and you might find that you can log in without a password. This has a knock-on effect and causes this problem.

So sudo mysql -u root allows you to login without a password and it shouldn't.

You have to -

UPDATE mysql.user SET plugin = '' WHERE user = 'root' AND host = 'localhost';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

It's the plugin that is the problem.

Advertisement: