News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data.

Started by KILLERMANTV, March 11, 2018, 12:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KILLERMANTV

Hello,
I am trying to install smf forum (ver. 2.0.15) on my website hosted locally on my synology nas, i am using mariaDB 10 and phpmyadmin where i already created account (with password, all privileges) and database named "forum", but this happens "Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data."
What can i do ?
Thanks for help.

Illori

are you sure the database user is correct along with the password for that username?

KILLERMANTV

Quote from: Illori on March 11, 2018, 12:55:02 PM
are you sure the database user is correct along with the password for that username?
It is 100% correct.

Illori

is mysql running on localhost or some other server? somewhere you are entering something incorrectly.

KILLERMANTV

Quote from: Illori on March 11, 2018, 01:45:36 PM
is mysql running on localhost or some other server? somewhere you are entering something incorrectly.
It's running locally.

tinoest

tinoest

Quote from: KILLERMANTV on March 11, 2018, 03:49:10 PM
Quote from: tinoest on March 11, 2018, 03:41:01 PM
Try 127.0.0.1 as the IP.
Thanks that worked!

I think your earlier permission with any, localhost, no password was being picked up first which is why you were being denied access. 127.0.0.1 wasn't listed so would meet the % requirement on the other username.

attlebax

There is a bug in mariadb and you might find that you can log in without a password. This has a knock-on effect and causes this problem.

So sudo mysql -u root allows you to login without a password and it shouldn't.

You have to -

UPDATE mysql.user SET plugin = '' WHERE user = 'root' AND host = 'localhost';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

It's the plugin that is the problem.

Advertisement: