News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Ignore User Function

Started by wolf39us, March 12, 2018, 11:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

Hello,

I have a user on my forum (2.0.15) who is unable to ignore other users.  I have tested with my account as well as a dummy account and have confirmed that I am able to ignore users without issue.  I've applied all the same permissions this user has to my dummy account.

I logged into the SQL database and found the smf table for ignoring users.  When I add a user to his ignore list (while logged in as him) the ID's inside of that table update appropriately.  I'm trying to figure out what is causing this for him.

The only fix that I've found was to actually change his member ID to something different, essentially making it a new account.  I've recently done a clean install and have added the following mods:

AJAX Recent Topics
Like Posts
SMFPacks Shoutbox
Join Reason
Tapatalk
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Enotify
Previous and Next Links for Page Index
Anti-Spam by Cleantalk.

I've attempted removing these mods in a test environment and have even cleaned up the tables to see if this issue was caused by a mod.  I do not believe any of these modifications are part of the issue.

I'm at a loss and am hoping for some assistance.

Thanks!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

None of those mods seem like they would interfere.

Have you checked this users settings?
See Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and layout -> Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: