Site fails to load

Started by melanie1986, March 11, 2018, 03:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melanie1986

On logging in, or at least attempting to do this morning, I'm getting that white wall of death. GoDaddy has been contacted they said it is on the forum, possibly due to an update that went haywire or something. Our last back up was on the 11th (yesterday) but apparently according to my members the site has been down 2 days?

http://lostworldssff.com/index.php

Kindred

Are you actually using v2.1beta?

A white screen indicates a server side error. Find the server error log and see what the actual error is.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

melanie1986

No we're not using it. We're 2.1 prior to the last update. We did try to upload the update over week ago but it wouldn't take.

the server error log would be on GoDaddy wouldn't it? As you can see I am very useless at this stuff.  :(

Kindred

The reason that I asked about version was because you posted in the 2.1 support section.

The server error log would be a file called error.log, errorlog. Or some variation, usually in your forum root directory
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

melanie1986

Yes, I've posted in the wrong section....sigh

how do I get to that (forum root directory) where is it located outside of the forum if I can't long on?

Sir Osis of Liver

Hey, Mim, just got on, having a look.  What was last thing you did?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

I moved the post. :)

You get to that file through your Cpanel SERVER file manager...   not through the forum
Слaва
Украинi

Doug Heffernan

I can load your forum fine now. I take it the issue has been resolved?

Sir Osis of Liver

One of my regulars, it's fixed.  This was a premium GoDaddy ******up, they simultaneously trashed four forums three different ways.  Very impressive.  They must have monkeys chained to cubicles who work 24/7 to come up with these things. :P

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: