News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Scheduled Posts

Started by kaysharpe, April 06, 2018, 02:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaysharpe

I ran a google search for this feature and found a discussion from years ago (from back when I used SMF before, ironically), but nothing recent. I am wondering if I'm just not searching for the right thing? If that's the case, would someone please kindly point me in the right direction?

I am in the process of getting off Facebook with my essential oils education group. The group serves several purposes that will be well-addressed by SMF's core features. The one thing I am missing is the ability to release posts on a schedule.

Here's an example: It's Lavender week! So I would schedule the following items (text or graphic) in Tiny Torch or HootSuite, up to a year in advance. On the day it's scheduled, it simply appears in my group.

• Monday: Here's how you use Lavender to help you fall asleep at night!
  • Tuesday: Recipe for Lavender Lemonade
  • Wednesday: Diffuser Blend
  • And so on.
This would be ideally be an admin-only or moderators-only type feature, or permissionable to exclude most members in some way.

Is there a way to get this in SMF? I am using version 2.0.15.

Thanks!

vbgamer45

It is admin only backend feature I have one in this modification for SMF found at
https://www.smfhacks.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=172
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

kaysharpe

YES! That solves it perfectly. Thank you so much!!

Advertisement: