Location not showing.

Started by landyvlad, March 11, 2018, 07:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

Despite the fact they are properly formulated in the member's profiles, their location is not actually appearing next to their avatars in threads.

I'm not sure when this happened but it's quite recent - reported by a member - and I haven't done any updates to the forum or mods recently to have caused that.

Anyone know of fix for this please?

SMF 2.0.15
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

GL700Wing

AFAIK a member's 'Location' is only displayed in the member details panel of Post/PMs if the member has entered their location and a mod like is installed and configured to display it.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

landyvlad

I do have the "Show JDALLAUI in Post and PM" mod installed

I just went in to Admin - Configuration - Modification settings - Miscellaneous

There's a checkbox for "Show The Member Location in Post". This was unchecked somehow, possibly from an upgrade.  In any event, I have now checked this box and all is well again.

Cheers
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

GL700Wing

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

landyvlad

Well that's weird. Now it's taken to showing the location twice !  (see attached).

Ideas?

GL700Wing

Quote from: landyvlad on March 13, 2018, 11:58:08 PM
Well that's weird. Now it's taken to showing the location twice !  (see attached).

Ideas?
Yep - the location displayed above the avatar is from the mod and the location displayed above the country name/flag is from the custom code I gave you last year (check your PMs on the CX forum from 11 April).

Basically the code to display the location has been duplicated (did you reinstall the mod?) and you need to either comment out or delete the block of code that displays it above the avatar.

Slava
Ukraini!

landyvlad

Yeah I probably did.

I' apprecaiet if you copuild point me to where I'd find that code mate.  :)

GL700Wing

Quote from: landyvlad on March 14, 2018, 08:57:49 PM
Yeah I probably did.

I' apprecaiet if you copuild point me to where I'd find that code mate.  :)
PM sent ...

Slava
Ukraini!

landyvlad

Thanks mate.

Marked as solved. Again.  ;D

GL700Wing

Slava
Ukraini!

Advertisement: