News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Issues with search index on this site

Started by GL700Wing, March 11, 2018, 11:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GL700Wing

I tried to find a specific recent topic in the SMF 2.0.x Support board and searched for it using a word in the subject (ie, 'proxy') but it wasn't returned in the results list (I'm searching by topic subject and sorting by most recent topics first) - the most recent topic in the results list for topics with that word in the subject is from 4 February.

In addition, it seems there are no search results available for topics created after the first week of February - I also searched for the word 'apostrophe' in the same board and the topic 2.0.15 and apostrophe bug from 6/7 February was not returned in the results list.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

GL700Wing

Bump - I'm still not getting any search results for posts later than 6/7 February.

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

LiroyvH

Sorry, completely missed this topic.
My apologies for the interruption in updating the search results, this should work as expected again now.
Give it a go :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

GL700Wing

Quote from: CoreISP on April 17, 2018, 07:27:45 PM
Sorry, completely missed this topic.
My apologies for the interruption in updating the search results, this should work as expected again now.
Give it a go :)
Thanks - search results are now including recent posts.

Arantor

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Arantor

I'm not a server admin, I don't have the power for that, however I vaguely remember enough about Sphinx to know that's the part that needs to be updated - since 2.0 doesn't have any support for pushing content at a search index, it's reliant on the indexer and the search daemon, and I'm pretty sure the issue in this case will turn out to be the search daemon not having rotated indexes lately.

Illori

ah, so i am not the only one that noticed this. thanks for confirming.

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

GigaWatt

Yep :). I can confirm, it works a lot better then it did a while ago ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: