News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Slow refresh on reply

Started by eldublu, March 12, 2018, 01:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldublu

Hi

some of our users are reporting that, when replying to a post the text input freezes, some say for as long as 12-15 seconds. I have been able to briefly see this happen but only when replying to a post after clicking the reply button, not when using the quick reply option.

If I type very quickly into the reply box there are momentary pauses in the text appearing on the screen so appears to be a refresh problem?

Any ideas please?  SMF 2.0.13.

Kindred

1- you need to upgrade to 2.0.15 soon. There are security updates that you are missing

2- are you/your users using the wysiwyg?

What mods do you have installed?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

eldublu

Thanks for the reply.

We rolled back to 2.0.13 from 2.0.14 as we were having sign in issues, when we get chance to test 2.0.15 we will update.

Yes, wysiwyg is enabled.

Several mods installed, bad behaviour, social login, tapatalk, tinyportal, aeva, stop spammer, users online today. None have given us any issues so far.

Kindred

Yes, you will get signing issues.   you have to actually read the reports and the fixes as posted instead of removing security patches. :P

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Login_error_2.0.14

Please do note, also, that aeva has some security concerns (I replaced it on all of my sites)

I see that tapatalk might be an issue -- or any other mod that could be causing a javascript conflict with the wysiwyg...  in general, it is not recommended to use the wysiwyg anyway. it is known to be buggy (and thus was completely replaced in 2.1)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

eldublu

OK, we have a test version of the site. I have removed the mods and disabled the WYSIWYG, there is still the delays when entering text.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

drewactual

i had this issue after upgrading to 2.0.15 and php7.0- and which was resolved by correcting errors offered up by the error log- mostly they were carry overs from theme and plug-ins prior to 2.0.13, which weren't made to be compliant with php7.0.   

eldublu

The problem appears to have sorted itself so probably something server side. Thanks for your assistance.

Advertisement: