News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Notification emails

Started by petewadey, March 11, 2018, 01:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petewadey

I'm no longer getting emails notifying me when a new member joins etc.
Any idea what settings I should be checking to see what might have gone wrong? Would it be in Admin or Cpanel?
Thanks

GigaWatt

Are you using a forwarder or checking the email account on the host? Are you sure it's not just a delay issue (sometimes it takes a while, especially on newly created email accounts)? Have you tried sending a test mail to the admin (you) from a test mail account (I've got several on different free mail servers for many purposes, among which is this one, testing stuff ;))?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

petewadey

I have 2 Admin accounts, one with a Yahoo email address the other with Hotmail. The Hotmail one is my main Admin account, and the one that is no longer working? If the emails weren't coming direct from smf, but from my host, then I must be using a forwarder. Is that where I should be looking for the issue?
Thanks

Kindred

hotmail pretty much sucks, in general...   there are known issues with hotmail (silently) blocking domains.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: